Sunday, August 2, 2009

First step to discovering Mandarin Chinese

No better way to learn a language than through music, at least in my opinion. The combination of repetition and colloquialisms you can catch in the lyrics in invaluable. Consequently, I've been trying to find decent Hip Hop/Rap/RnB music in Chinese. It hasn't been that easy, but I've managed to come across these three artists, which in my opinion are good. Don't laugh, as I know it is extremely hard to comprehend their "coolness" if you are not Chinese or even in the slightest interested in the language, but bare with me. Give it a listen.





2 comments:

  1. yo leo it's Andy from EAP Shanghai, keep us updated man,

    on the topic of mandarin hip hop, might wanna check out MC Hotdog "Wo ai tai mei", beats pretty nice despite his name

    gluck out there man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, would love to hear more reccomendations of music. I have some different reccomendations on my blog, although at the moment in a very different Genre, am trying to branch out into a lot of different styles.

    Great blog, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete