Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2011 Kavalan Short Film Festival


I was walkin back home from dinner a few weeks ago, when I came across this flyer. A short film festival here in Taiwan? Moreover, a cell phone shot short film? That sounds like something right up my alley. Right away I was pretty excited to kick things into gear. Given that I've been playing around with editing and shooting this whole year, and really developing this hobby of mine, the mobile short film competition will be a good way to see what the "experts" in the field think of my work.

I am pretty excited about what we have conjured up. Music. Singing. Some laughs. Taiwan. Even some Lady Gaga. All that is going to be included in my one minute short film debut. It took a little while to put the idea together in a comprehensible and rational manner, but I think we've managed pretty well. We commenced shooting today, July 26, and have until August 5 to submit the material. Top prize winner takes home NT$20,000. Not too shabby. It could sure go a long way in helping pay off some bills and debt. 

The first day of shooting was pretty successful and fun. Even thought today Taiwan's weather decided to bring us heavy rain, we worked around it and I am remaining optimistic that tomorrow we can sneak in at least a few hours of sunshine in the morning. That's how it works here - it shines in the morning and it pours in the afternoon and evening. For more info, go here

Now on to day two... lights, camera, action! 

No comments:

Post a Comment