Saturday, July 9, 2011

Episode 3 - Special Friends


Commercial. Halloween. Partying. School.

That pretty much sums up this episode. I've had some pretty cool experiences during the filming of this episode, including being in a lingerie commercial (Mode Marie) with a Taiwanese soap opera star - their version of Susan Lucci. Just younger. A LOT younger. We spent fifteen hours on set, made bank, and found out that Cheryl Yang (the Susan Lucci) is a real bitch. She wouldn't even respond when spoken to directly. She'd glance up at one of her dozen assistants and signal her to answer me. Playing a Hello Kitty game on her iPad was more important. Naturally.

Halloween was pretty wild this year. We had a big group get together and go to one of the events happening around the city. I ended up at my friend Paul's house without any recollection of how I got there. But I was good enough to communicate with the taxi driver - in Chinese! All in all, a pretty good night.

And finally, you'll see a bit of what the MTC (Mandarin Training Center) is all about. I will actually take you inside the classroom - WOW! Yeah I know. It's pretty cool. And you'll see how the teacher confiscated my phone. Although, this happened pretty regularly. What did she expect when the school had WiFi?

Oh yeah, and check out the new intro and song. Just to freshen things up a bit. Enjoy. 

1 comment: